With many organizations now putting out lengthy lists of “good news stories” I have the impression of a rapidly mobilizing, empowered citizenry.
It’s like spring has arrived; there is new life shooting up everywhere around us! I selected just a few examples.
Can’t celebrate if we don’t know about them!
1. 2014-04-17 Monsanto and Big Food Losing the GMO and ‘Natural’ Food Fight
Guardian and Washington Post each honored with Pulitzer for Public Service
Note: I added a “sub-category” for Snowden and Greenwald under the category (right-hand sidebar) Solidarity with the Warriors. A click on the sub-category will generate a list of the various postings related to Snowden and Greenwald.
Including this: 2014-03-24 He likes Snowden, but he doesn’t like Assange? Input and response.
3. You no doubt heard that the citizens of Kitimat voted AGAINST the Northern Gateway Pipeline! http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/kitimat-b-c-votes-no-to-northern-gateway-in-plebiscite-1.2607877
4. Rippling waves from Kitimat: citizens going to collect signatures to force a referendum in B.C. on the pipeline? Northern Gateway B.C.-Wide Vote Should Be Next: Group http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/13/kitimat-plebiscite-northern-gateway_n_5140878.html
5. 2014-04-01 Robert F Kennedy Jr in Vancouver: Canada used to be our moral paradigm Worth your time, not long, and besides, Robt Kennedy is one of my heroes!
6. 2014-04-17 Canadian Medical Assoc shows signs of intelligence. THEY call for change!
7. 2014-04-03 Waves of Nationwide Action Planned at Key Historic Moment
8. 2014-03-18 Did Canadians win the battle to stop purchase of F-35 Stealth bombers? (Lockheed Martin)