Maria seeks information; people are worried there might be tuberculosis in the community. See http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4401 2012-02-19 Tuberculosis. Request for info. Input for people in Guatemala.
TUBERCULOSIS, WHAT TREATMENT DID I USE?
I had an active, but not-yet-contagious case of TB, six years ago (2005). I did not use the drugs used to treat TB. The following discussion of my “treatment” should be used IN CONJUNCTION WITH the information in http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4401. PLEASE, do not take it in isolation. Tuberculosis can kill people.
I can only tell you my story.
I’ll weave in some of the experience of Lac Brochet, MB, as recorded in the Winnipeg Free Press (see http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4401)
MY STORY IS INSENSITIVE TO TUBERCULOSIS IN POOR COMMUNITIES. “REMOVE THE CAUSE” IS AN EASY-ENOUGH MANTRA FOR ME. I HOPE THE DOCUMENTATION MAKES CLEAR: IT IS AT OUR OWN PERIL THAT WE DO NOT HELP, HOWEVER WE CAN, TO ADDRESS THE CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH TUBERCULOSIS FLOURISHES. THROWING DRUGS AT DISEASE ORGANISMS MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. WE WILL NEVER WIN AGAINST NATURE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF RESISTANT AND MORE DEADLY ORGANISMS. ANY EDUCATED PERSON WHO THINKS WE CAN, HAS DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR.
(1) First, excerpts from http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4401 :
IMPORTANT: my case was diagnosed early in its development, before it became contagious.
IMPORTANT: I am not a medical doctor. Most allopathic doctors will disagree with what I did.
The approach used: why didn’t my immune system deal with the TB organism? Many healthy people carry the organism, in whom it never becomes active.
There wasn’t a single herbal remedy that brought my TB under control. “The cure” was:
- Dealing with things that, unbeknownst to me, were weakening my immune system.
- Taking/doing things to boost my immune system.
A quick message on “the cure”:
The community should not let itself get afraid and panicked. Fear is a great stressor that will weaken their ability to regain health. Everyone in their community will be healthier if they deal with this together.
FROM MY POINT-OF-VIEW, Maria is raising the right issue: the development of drug-resistant organisms ( http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4401). But the non-drug approach is not straight-forward and not without its own pitfalls.
– – – – – – — – – – – – – – –
(2) MY APPROACH TO “CURE” IS BASED ON PREMISES. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THE PREMISES, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
PREMISE: OUR BODIES ARE A DYNAMIC SYSTEM AND FOLLOW THE RULES OF DYNAMIC SYSTEMS.
The system, our body, provides feedback to the conscious part of our being. Our body tells our self when something is wrong so we can fix it. If we take the appropriate steps, in a timely fashion, we can bring the self back into health (equilibrium).
More information, dynamic systems: http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4457.
PREMISE (DYNAMIC SYSTEM): WITH DISEASE (feedback in a dynamic system), IF YOU ADDRESS AN “EFFECT” AND NOT THE “CAUSE”, RECOVERED HEALTH WILL NOT LIKELY LAST. THE PATIENT OR COMMUNITY WILL EVENTUALLY SUCCUMB TO OTHER FORMS OF ILLNESS OR DIE, UNLESS THE CAUSE IS ADDRESSED.
The cause of tuberculosis is not the TB organism; many people carry the organism and never develop the disease. Tuberculosis is the consequence of an overloaded or a weak immune system under attack. Things come together at the wrong time; the immune system has inadequate resources; the TB organism is opportunistic; it multiplies and overcomes. Then you have TB as a disease.
3. FIND “THE ROOT” CAUSE. DON’T MISTAKE EFFECT FOR CAUSE. EASIER SAID THAN DONE! WE DO IT ALL THE TIME.
THE DISEASE SEQUENCE, as it happened to me: (more elaboration on treatment later)
NOTE: this addresses the most startling and recent disease outcomes. It does not record other and earlier conditions that were, most likely, part of the sequence.
- April 1, 2005: diagnosed with active but not-yet-contagious case of TB.
* Treated for internal fungal overload (fungi produce myco-toxins that are poisonous to the body in too great a dose). I also worked to strengthen my immune system (more later).
(Note in retrospect, a problem not addressed: why wasn’t my immune system handling the overgrowth of fungus? More on that later)
I got the fungus under control and
- September 2005: returned to health.
- Fall 2009: pins and needles in upper right arm, chronic pain in back of neck. Think I have a pinched nerve?
- Massage, application of heat so I could sleep, and chiropracty but no relief.
- Fall 2010: I heard a radio interview regarding MS. Further research, MS symptoms match mine. That lit a fire under my butt.
- Treated for mercury poisoning, dental amalgams removed (“silver” fillings are half mercury).
- Immediate cessation of the pins and needles. Immediate reduction in the neck pain, but it took several months and a heavy-metal de-tox programme before the neck pain was fully relieved.
*A review of the literature around slow, low-level mercury poisoning from dental amalgams (“silver fillings”), over decades in most cases, shows a definite relationship between mercury poisoning and yeast (candida / fungal) infections:
A few excerpts just from my blog:
- “There are many thousands of clinical cases of cure or significant improvement in these conditions after proper amalgam replacement and treatment, as followed and documented by doctors. Some of the conditions that mercury has been documented to cause and which people have been documented to recover from after proper amalgam replacement or treatment include: . . . candida “
- Mercury causes a change in the normal bacterial inhabitants in the gut which explains why . . .
- http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/mercurypoisoning.html Mercury Poisoning, Candida Yeast, Or Is It Both?
IN SUMMARY OF MY CASE:
The disease sequence shows EFFECTS:
- Tuberculosis (2005)
- Symptoms of MS (2009)
TREATMENT of the effects:
- 2005 Treated for fungal overgrowth (myco-toxins)
- restores health temporarily
REMOVAL OF CAUSE:
- 2010 removal of the source of mercury poisoning (mercury in dental amalgam) and de-tox.
RESTORATION OF HEALTH:
- Health recovered.
- No magic pills; it takes time.
- With CAUSE addressed, I expect health to be stable.
IF THE CAUSE IS NOT REMOVED:
- I would be a chronically ill person, on drugs, for the rest of my life.
- Nothing new (truly “innovative”) will have happened.
4. WHAT ABOUT THE TUBERCULOSIS IN FIRST NATION COMMUNITIES? CAN THEIR EXPERIENCE HELP THE COMMUNITY IN GUATEMALA?
My experience says:
look for low-level sources of slow poisoning. And look for combinations of assaults on the immune system. (High-level sources of fast poisoning are usually apparent and therefore removed.)
Many First Nations communities may have:
- mercury in their mouths, but also
- in their water supply, as is the case in Grassy Narrows, Ontario from upstream industrial effluent (pulp and paper in their example).
- some vaccinations that contain mercury
Rest assured that with this combo, there will be serious mercury poisoning that contributes to the development of diseases like TB.
(The way in which mercury poisoning manifests itself is different in different people. Our immune systems are not all the same.)
What about the moulds (fungus), as mentioned in the excellent articles by Jen Skerritt about TB in Lac Brochet? ( http://sandrafinley.ca/?p=4401).
In my own experience, a heavy load of myco-toxins from too much internal fungal growth contributes to a stressed immune system sending feedback in the form of disease symptoms.
Myco-toxins can be deadly. But there will always be fungal spores (the source) in the air we breathe. In moderation, our immune systems routinely handle them. Get rid of the moulds – – always and absolutely. But be aware, the moulds may or may not be the only contributor to immune system overload. Look for combinations. Also, internal fungal overgrowth can be a direct consequence of mercury in the body.
I’d love to do some sleuthing with people from Lac Brochet. Perhaps their experience can help the people in Guatemala. The ROOT cause of the TB is perhaps poverty. Not to downplay the seriousness, but I don’t think that being poor NECESSARILY means TB. Poisons mean disease, definitely. Disempowerment, the inability to stop other people from poisoning your environment means disease, definitely. Poverty creates large stresses on the immune system. Foods that are not health-giving undermine the immune system. Jen (the journalist writing about TB) identified the problem with mould (the creator of myco-toxins) in the housing in Lac Brochet. An update on the situation with TB in Lac Brochet is desirable. I’ll see what I can find out.
5. I STILL HAVEN’T ANSWERED THE QUESTION: WHAT TREATMENT DID I USE?!
Stay tuned, I’ll get it written!