Thanks to Janet M:
Easy petition to sign electronically!
Petition to the Government of Canada
- The federal government “owns” over 2 million cubic meters of radioactive waste, none of which is securely contained in long-term management facilities;
- A consortium of five multinational corporations has been contracted to operate all federal nuclear sites where this waste is found;
- The International Atomic Energy Agency says the preferred option for managing radioactive waste is to isolate it from the biosphere; and
- The consortium appears to be attempting to maximize its profits by proposing “quick and cheap” disposal options that would not keep radioactive waste isolated from the biosphere.
We, the undersigned, Citizens of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1) Enact strict regulations to keep radioactive waste out of the biosphere;
2) Build state of the art facilities for its own radioactive waste;
3) Reform the nuclear governance system to ensure that radioactive waste is managed according to best international practices and standards; and
4) Take profit out of radioactive waste management.
GO here to sign the petition:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
you will receive a “confirmation requested” message — if you do not reply to that, to confirm, your signature will not be counted.
(please be generous; share widely!)
——– Forwarded Message ——–
|Subject:||House of Commons Electronic Petitions / Pétitions électroniques de la Chambre des communes|
|Date:||Thu, 11 Jan 2018 08:20:05 -0500|
This is to inform you that petition e-1450 initiated by Ole Hendrickson, which you have supported, has been published and will be open for signature for 120 days. You will find the e-petition webpage by clicking here. Please note that you have already been counted as a signatory to the petition and no further action is required.