- The video shows part of an on-going effort to take back the University, to serve the public interest.
- The Government is using the University to provide backdoor funding for the nuke and (indirectly) tar sands industries.
- Nancy Hopkins is the chair of the Board of Governors.
- She has been on the Cameco Board since 1992. As at the end of 2009 she had $1.8 million in Cameco shares.
- Cameco has a 30% financial interest in Bruce Power (nuclear reactors and high-level radioactive waste).
- Premier Brad Wall, SaskParty (Conservative) Govt of Sask gave $30 million to the U, ear-marked for the nuke industry (‘small’ reactors for tar sands expansion and for high-level radioactive waste disposal; also gave $10 million to Hitachi/GE for ‘small’ reactors).
- The video shows a reasoned attempt by Senator Hande to address a very real problem at the University.
- President MacKinnon took a significant portion of the 10 minutes allotted for debate to vociferously and inappropriately instruct Senators to vote against the motion.