Do you remember when you sent me an e-mail that the Cdn Gov`t and the US Gov`t had signed an agreement that they would help each other by doing a troop exchange, if ever needed. It was many years ago, . . . Anyway it could be what they are now considering… I would like to tell Trudeau to be careful re this past agreement . . .
The Troop Exchange Agreement (officially the “Civil Assistance Plan“) was signed on Valentine’s day, 2008:
- 2008-03-17 Troop Exchange Agreement: Information sent to the Government
- 2008-02-29 View from the USA, Troop Exchange Agreement, Canada-USA: (Newly posted, 2020-03-27) Names the Canadian General at “NorthCom” – – “Northern Command”. (South of the U.S. is “Southern Command”. Southcom came up in reference to more recent U.S. displeasure with Ecuador.)
- 2008-02-27 Troop Exchange Agreement with U.S.: Brief History of Invasions + Letter-to-Editor
- 2008-03-03 Troop Exchange Agreement PLUS Naomi Wolf’s 10 Steps to Fascism
- 2008-06-19 “Canada First Defence Strategy” – serious. The American military-industrial-government-university complex in Canada.
In 2008, my anxiety over the Troop Exchange Agreement (Feb) was heightened when the June ’08 Canada First Defence Strategy became known.