Please let everyone know:
Saturday, May 25th
around the World demonstrations against Monsanto (GMO’s) !
It’s shaping up to be a big event in my community, Saskatoon. How about yours? . . . Click here if you don’t know.)
SELECT ONE SIMPLE ACTION that works for you
Join in the fun!:
- You can SIGN, the AVAAZ petition: Break Monsanto’s Grip https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_monsanto_ddon/?bYHahab&v=24446
- Or SIGN: RootsAction Petition, demand a congressional investigation. (Americans have organized this, but you don’t have to live in the U.S.) http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=7803
Nation of Change
Thursday 9 May 2013
Clearly, an investigation of large-scale government corruption by this singularly destructive corporation is long overdue. http://www.nationofchange.org/monsanto-has-taken-over-usda-1368111215
David Swanson, News Analysis: The U.S. Department of Agriculture has been taken over by an outside organization. RootsAction has launched a campaign demanding a Congressional investigation. The organization is called Monsanto. Monsanto is, of course, the world’s largest biotech corporation. These are the people who brought us Roundup weed killer and the resulting superweeds and superbugs, along with growth hormones for cows, genetically engineered and patented seeds, PCBs, and Agent Orange — which Monsanto now wants us to use as herbicide on genetically engineered corn and soybeans.
- KNOW the name. I posted a very good article on Percy Schmeiser. It includes a link to Amy Goodman’s interview of Percy on Democracy Now when he and his wife Louise received the Right Livelihood Award in 1997 for fighting to defend the rights of farmers and the future of seeds. (Monsanto took Percy to court. He’s 82 years old now, and still travelling the world to empower others to join in the fight.)
- AND! You’re lucky if you live in Saskatoon: come on out, Percy Schmeiser IN PERSON!, Wed, May 22nd, 6:30 pm Frances Morrison Library (downtown) 311-23rd Street East. (If you’re on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/events/620811587948273/)
You’ll be delighted and inspired by Percy, and become informed – all at the same time!
- Do you know the recent OUTRAGE over GMO’s? The “Monsanto Protection Act“, passed in the USA.
· It’s Time to March Against MONSANTO
Last year, you joined us as we occupied biotech giant Monsanto headquarters across the country and in St. Louis at Monsanto’s home base. Later in the year, you helped us launch a public ad campaign also in St. Louis denouncing the company and its destructive and deadly practices. In August we funded a national television ad campaign on GMOs and Monsanto and in September we helped to make the GMO Free Midwest Occupy Monsanto Conference possible.
This month, we are taking the fight against this corporate killer to the next level.
NationofChange is raising $20,000 for a high-profile billboard ad campaign in Los Angeles, California to expose the crimes of MONSANTO and educate the public on how corporate greed is putting their families in danger.
Issues the campaign will focus on:
The recently-passed Monsanto Protection Act placing Monsanto beyond the reach of the Federal Government .
Monsanto’s multi-million dollar efforts to squash GMO labelling in California
The real science surrounding the negative health impact of GMO products
The catastrophic environmental effects Monsanto’s Roundup has wrought upon ecosystems
If you feel that Monsanto’s corruption, exploitation, and destruction have gone far enough, stand with us now . . .
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Saskatoon: Saturday May 25, 12 noon, meet at Kinsmen Park (across from the Mendel Art Gallery). The March will go across the Bridge to the University and return.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Regina: Saturday May 25, 1:00 pm. Meet at the Leg Building. F/B: https://www.facebook.com/events/583443078335565/
You may be interested in:
- Letter to the anti-terrorist squad, RCMP: Government and University are creating the “home-grown” terrorists. Am I one of them? (re GMO’s)
- 2013-05-07 Oral presentation to U of S, Board of Governors. Includes critique of “Global Institute for Food Security“. (We need Food Sovereignty, not GMO foods – – corporate, industrialized agriculture.)
For Newcomers – To generate a list of “thumbnail sketches” of earlier work on GMO’s click on Genetically Modified. (To see a whole individual posting and to activate any links, you have to click on the thumbnail.)