YES! to new voters and others, ELECTRONIC VOTING would be perfectly logical.
Please help inform fellow citizens: it is NOT a good idea!
E-voting is a sure way to watch democracy disappear into the sewer because of the KNOWN CORRUPTION in e-voting.
There are LINKS at bottom to support this and other statements made below:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The combination of
- inherent insecurity in computer systems
- absence of ethical behavior in the power structures
- the inability to bring perpetrators of fraud in electronic systems to account
strongly recommend against the adoption of electronic voting.
Public awareness of the amount of fraud already associated with electronic voting is needed. We also need to understand the cross-border pollination between Canada and the U.S.
We should not succumb to what are mere utilitarian arguments in favor of electronic voting.
- Election fraud in Florida included corrupted electronic voting, and enabled George Bush to became president of the U.S.. for a second term
- Stephen Harper has relationships with political operatives in the U.S. that go back to the 1990s. Arthur Finkelstein comes to mind. These people do not play by the same rules as you and I play by. Their tactics are very destructive of democracy. They dislike democracy.
- The lack of morality in political leadership in Canada enabled Robocalls.
- The Justice system and Elections Canada were unable to bring the brains behind the corrupt electronic schemes to account.
WHICH companies supply electronic voting systems to the Canadian municipalities that have adopted electronic voting? . . . Not everyone knows the story of Diebold Election Systems which morphed into Global Election Systems and is now called Premier Election Solutions. The answer to the question is Premier Election Solutions supplies election software to Canadian municipalities. And I see a new entity, Intelivote Internet and telephone voting systems.
BUT WHY do corporations change their names? . . to avoid linkage to bad deeds. Diebold (Premier Election Solutions) is at the heart of election fraud through electronic voting in the U.S. Who knows? It may be a response to citizen input to Elections Canada warning against partnering with Diebold or its pseudonyms that has opened the door to another entity, Intelivote. And who is that? I leave it to your listeners to find out.
In 2011, an email from Elections Canada,
Attached, please find a letter from Mr. Mario Lavoie, Assistant Director (Partnerships) of Alternative Voting Methods, in response to your e-mail, dated September 3, 2011, regarding the status of the Internet voting pilot project.
caused me to inquire: which companies are the “partners” of Elections Canada in the internet voting project? I did not receive a reply and did not pursue the question, although it is an important one.
It is not electronic voting that is the problem. All of us are aware of the insecurity of computer systems. It is a problem that cannot be overcome. It is the “nature of the beast” coupled with the deteriorating nature of the human beast (lack of morals among those who seek power) that is the problem.
(With thanks to Allison, ADDED): 2012-03-27 Cyber attack on NDP leadership vote involved more than 10,000 computers