1. CENSUS LOCKHEED MARTIN YOUTUBE POSTED TO THE INTERNET! HERE IT IS. please consider passing it along.
(This is especially for you, Birgit, your request!)
PEOPLE HAVE MADE IT THEIR BUSINESS TO HELP INFORM CANADIANS:
2. Toronto Star, Catherine Porter columnist, May 10, 2011: “Why the 2011 census calls for some civil disobedience”.
3. Ottawa Citizen, letter-to-editor, May 9, 2011, Francois Dumaine “Count me out on (pointless) census day”.
4. Letters-to-editor, 2010, individual protests (Last year StatsCan was collecting information via “surveys” under threat of prosecution, a fine and jail time):
a. Edmonton Journal, March 31, 2010 Susan Crowther, “Edmonton Woman spurns StatsCan Survey” (news article)
b. Saskatoon Star Phoenix, July 31, 2010, Margaret Fehr, “Harassed by StatsCan”.
c. Calgary Herald, August 03, 2010, Janette Doering, “Politely Declined”
5. INPUT TO OUR NETWORK, WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING:
6. Important: THE ORIGINAL MOTHER’S DAY PROCLAMATION, 1870, A CALL FOR WOMEN OF ALL NATIONALITIES TO UNITE TO FORCE DISARMAMENT. IN THE SACRED TRADITION OF MOTHER’S DAY, REFUSE TO BE AN ENABLER OF LOCKHEED MARTIN IN THE CANADIAN CENSUS.
The ORIGINAL Mother’s Day Proclamation (1870): (excerpt from posting 2007-05-14).
“Arise then, women of this day! Arise all women who have hearts, whether your baptism be of water or of tears!
“Say firmly”: ‘We will not have questions decided by irrelevant agencies. Our husbands shall not come to us reeking of carnage for caresses and applause. Our sons shall not be taken from us to unlearn all that we have been able to teach them of charity, mercy, and patience. We women of one country will be too tender to those of another country to allow our sons to be trained to injure theirs. From the bosom of a devastated Earth a voice goes up with our own, it says “Disarm! Disarm!” The sword of murder is not the balance of justice. Blood does not wipe out dishonor, nor violence indicate possession.’
“As men have forsaken the plow and the anvil at the summons of war, let women now leave all that may be left of home for a great and earnest day of counsel. Let them meet first as women, to bewail and commemorate the dead.
Let them solemnly take counsel with each other as to the means whereby the great human family can live in peace.
“In the name of womanhood and humanity, I earnestly ask that a general congress of women without limit of nationality be appointed to promote the alliance of the different nationalities, the amicable settlement of international questions, the great and general interests of peace.”
7. UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHOLOGY. THANKS TO MY OLD FRIEND, JOHN KEEN. (scroll down)
8. THE CENSUS “LONG FORM” IS NOW CALLED THE “NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD SURVEY” (scroll down for more details).
9. PREVIOUS EMAIL ON THIS TOPIC: 2011-05-04 Lockheed Martin CENSUS: What a riot!
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==
I began this email with the idea of using the 140-year-old Mother’s Day Proclamation to strengthen the fight against Lockheed Martin’s growing role in Canada. But then the question: WHY have the 2,000 year-old intentions against destructive forces not succeeded? The “war to end all wars”, the anti-war and protest songs of the 1960’s that brought an end to the Viet Nam War, and so on – – If we haven’t been successful so far, maybe we better ask WHY NOT?
There isn’t ONE reason, of course. What I do know is that, as wonderful as it may be, reciting the Mother’s Day Proclamation isn’t enough. It isn’t going to prevent us from enslaving ourselves.
Excerpt from an email:
I don’t think we see that we are actually WORKING WITH the people who elected Harper.
- (A) They elected the dictator who has no regard for the rule-of-law
- (B) People on “the left” have been insisting that the Government must have extremely detailed files on individual citizens (police state)
Put A and B together, add in
- (C) Armoured vehicles being rolled out in cities across Canada (military state). No protest taking place.
- (D) Throw in Lockheed Martin for good measure (surveillance, biometrics, corruption, weapons par excellence)
and we are in deep doo-doo. It is writ in large upon the wall. All the while, “the left” blames the “the right” and vice versa.
We are actually a joint force working together to kill democracy.
Get out and fight the census. Especially with Lockheed Martin (the American military) involved in it. You might be tired of hearing me say it. I just think that “the left” should stop being naïve and ignorant about its role in driving us into a police state. I don’t understand why you think that the lessons of history do not apply to us. We aren’t special.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
7. UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHOLOGY. THANKS TO MY OLD FRIEND, JOHN KEEN.
It is absurd that I will write a two-minute explanation of the psychology. I don’t understand it. But I know a couple of things.
John Keen periodically reminds me:
We are vulnerable because we assume or want to believe that “they” are like us. But they are not.
(It reminds me of the cautions in “Women Who Run with the Wolves” and in the children’s book, “Julie and the Wolf Pack” (Julie of the Wolves). )
We like to be “nice”. We are raised to be “nice”. We are conditioned to be “nice”. Most of us are “nice”. It’s easy.
But not everyone is nice. The wolves who survive are the ones who are not naïve. They pursue life, but with a pinch of wariness.
We are both good and evil. Good and evil evolve inside us and outside us.
We know that when you mix the corporate/commercial (money) interests of society together with the guardianship function (government), corruption is the inevitable outcome (author Jane Jacobs and others). It cannot be otherwise.
The corporatocracy that we now have is a step in the evolution of evil in our society. Don’t be naïve. They might be smooth but they are not nice.
As I try to sort it all out, why intelligent Canadians fight to keep the “mandatory” in handing over detailed personal information to the state, I am also drawn back to the work of John Ralston Saul. (2010-02-25 Understanding why we flounder, help from John Ralston Saul “On Equilibrium” ):
“Common sense, Ethics, Imagination, Intuition, Memory, Reason”: Qualities are most effective in a society when they are recognized as of equal, universal value and so are integrated into our normal life. Ralston Saul says (among other interesting things) that we divorce “reason” from everything else. It becomes distorted. We are out of balance.
In the case of the census, a failure to fight hard against it because Lockheed Martin is involved, and because it is more and more the construction of detailed files on individual citizens, is a complete failure to integrate the human faculties of Common sense, Ethics, Imagination, Intuition, Memory, and Reason. I want to shout:
– Common sense tells us not to trust anything that Lockheed Martin says, or the reassurances given to us by Statistics Canada. THINK FOR YOURSELF.
– Ethics tell us that we should not, under any circumstances, be allowing our tax dollars to be funneled to Lockheed Martin Corporation. Look at their public record. They are without conscience. Corporations are without conscience, by law.
– Imagination, let it run just a little wild. Look at what the American military-industrial complex has done in other countries. It’s not even hard to imagine that they will do the same thing here: puppet governments.
– Intuition: I don’t know about you. Intuitively I have no doubt about the need to use every single opportunity to fight against the place that the corporatocracy is taking us. It is a “no holds barred” battle. We do not have the luxery of being timid or fearful or willfully ignorant. And I will be REALLY annoyed if “the right” delivers the dictator while “the left” delivers the largest, most comprehensive data base on individual citizens into the hands of the military-industrial complex.
– Memory: cripes! Have we forgotten the lessons of Nazi Europe? If you need a reminder, click on:
2008-12-06 MIGHT BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PAGE ON THIS BLOG: Edwin Black, author of IBM and the Holocaust, the Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America’s Most Powerful Corporation (2001). Black’s new book The Plan – the kicker is oil security for the U.S.. . Oil security, Homeland Security, Security and Prosperity Partnership with Canada.. security, security, ha!
– And lastly, Reason: Is it that Reason, divorced from (Common sense, Ethics, Imagination, Intuition and Memory), goes to Utilitarian values? Is that it’s downfall? … We MUST HAVE statistics. We NEED statistics. Why? One reason is that it makes the work of the intelligentsia easier. Could that be because they are divorced from their communities? And they have to “publish or perish” according to the faulty criteria used by the Universities. “Reason” leads these “left”, community-minded organizations and individuals to demand that detailed files on individual citizens should be mandatory. It is a short-sighted position. Common sense, Ethics, Imagination, Intuition, and Memory tell me that in the long term, the cost is way too high.
= = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
8. THE CENSUS “LONG FORM” IS NOW CALLED THE “NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD SURVEY”.
Changing the name of things can create confusion, shifting the ground beneath our feet.
It breaks connections with images, not always for bad. I remember when canola seed was only known by the name “rape” seed.
The “census long form” is associated in many minds with “Lockheed Martin, American military” (rape).
So far, the National Household Survey (NHS) is “clean” (canola), even though it is PRECISELY THE SAME THING as the census long form with Lockheed Martin involvement (canola = rape), except that there is nothing benign about the real rape (Lockheed Martin)).
Going a step further, if you don’t have a name for something it almost goes away, like the “SPP” (so-called Security and Prosperity Partnership) – – disbanded, but not really. It’s still there.
Remember that Ron Covais, “President of the Americas for Lockheed Martin” is a top-player in the SPP. And the American military-industrial complex wants the information on “all Canadians”. It is well-documented in mainstream newspaper and magazine articles collected by people in our network and posted on www.sandrafinley.ca – – see the category “Lockheed Martin … “ in the right-hand sidebar.